Milestone Financial - Hawke's Bay
Established in 2008 Milestone Financial - Hawke's Bay grew from the wealth management business of a long-standing Hawke's Bay financial services firm. We joined the Milestone group in late 2020. We have built a reputation for delivering expert guidance based on international markets experience. We stay the course with our clients through all that life and the markets may deliver.
We work closely with our clients, to understand their individual needs, tailoring robust investment solutions to achieve their life's goals.
Continually surveying investment opportunities, our aim is to ensure clients have access to the best Investment managers and KiwiSaver providers available.
Telephone: (06) 242 2210
Mobile: +64 22 657 9851
CML Financial Planning Limited FSP43001, trading as Milestone Financial - Hawkes Bay, holds a licence issued by the Financial Markets Authority to provide financial advice service.
We encourage you to read the important information on this page. It may help you decide whether your financial needs may be met by engaging with us.
Important information about CML Financial Planning Limited trading as
Milestone Financial – Hawke’s Bay FSP43001
We engage financial advisers to provide financial advice on the following financial products and services:
- KiwiSaver schemes,
- Investments including portfolio construction,
- Financial and retirement planning,
- Australian Superannuation transfers,
- We work with a broad range of providers offering these financial products. To view current providers click here
Milestone Financial – Hawke’s Bay does not provide financial advice on the services listed below. However, we can refer you to an appropriate specialist, if required:
- Consumer credit contracts (such as home loan products and personal loan products)
- Personal risk insurance products (e.g., life insurance, income protection insurance, mortgage protection insurance, total and permanent disability insurance, trauma or critical health insurance, and medical insurance).
- Fire and general insurance products (such as home and home contents insurance, vehicle insurance, etc.)
- Estate planning (such as Wills, Enduring Powers of Attorney, and trusts of any description).
More about Richard
Richard has close to 20 years financial markets experience across New Zealand and Australia. After ten years in share broking, currency and commodity trading firms in Sydney, Richard returned to Hawke's Bay with his wife and two children back in 2015.
Soon after Richard bought into a long standing local wealth management business. He has been advising Hawke's Bay clients on wealth management, investments, structuring their money and getting them on the path to real growth, ever since. In November 2020, Richard bought the remaining shares in the business and joined the Milestone Financial Services group. Now trading as Milestone Financial - Hawke's Bay, he is enjoying the opportunity to leverage the experience and expertise of the group, to provide a strong personalised offering to clients.
Richard believes in improving the financial outcomes of his clients, with a passion for integrity and privacy. He prides himself on being honest and transparent in his dealings with clients, ensuring they truly understand how their money can be put to work for them.
Outside of work Richard juggles family life, managing a lifestyle block and when he gets the time, mountain biking or skiing, just for fun. A lifestyle that is hard to beat!
More about Matthew
Matthew has over 15 years financial industry experience across the Asia Pacific region and the UK.
Being a local lad, Matthew returned to Hawke’s Bay in 2017 to continue building his experience in the financial markets area and of course, for the wonderful lifestyle which Hawke’s Bay has on offer.
Matthew joined the Milestone Hawke’s Bay team in early 2022. He is enjoying the opportunity to leverage his experience and expertise to develop investment plans to help his clients meet their own lifestyle goals and needs.
He thrives on the personal interaction which a Financial Adviser role offers. Key to his approach is building a full picture of each client’s situation, where they are now and where they want to be long term. This enables him to tailor advice on a truly personal level.
Outside of work Matthew enjoys spending precious time with his young family and enjoying the great cycle ways that the region has to offer.
Duties and Standards
We are required to:
- give priority to your interests by taking all reasonable steps to make sure our advice isn't materially influenced by our own interests,
- exercise care, diligence, and skill in providing you with advice,
- meet standards of competence, knowledge and skill set by the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services (these are designed to make sure that we have the expertise needed to provide you with advice),
- meet standards of ethical behaviour, conduct and client care set by the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services (these are designed to make sure we treat you as we should and give you suitable advice).
This is only a summary of the duties that we have. More information is available by contacting us, or by visiting financialadvicecode.govt.nz
Fees or Expenses
Milestone Financial – Hawke’s Bay will charge you a fee for the financial advice we provide to you. The actual fee charged to you will depend on the nature and scope of the advice or service we provide.
The following section outlines the types of fees that may apply:
- Your initial consultation is always free of charge.
- Once we understand your situation and agree on the nature and scope of the relationship, there may be a fee for advice, this is situational dependant and will be disclosed prior to work being carried out. This may be set at a pre agreed fixed price or charged at an hourly rate as agreed by both parties, payable on receipt of invoice.
- Depending on what you choose to implement there will be other on-going fees or costs these will be disclosed at the time.
- We charge an annual monitoring fee for investments held in the OneAnswer Portfolio Service Wrap Platform.
- Other fees charged by the product providers we recommend may apply. These fees will be confirmed in writing prior to any investments or services being undertaken.
We will discuss and agree the actual fees with you before we proceed and explain how they are payable.
Material Conflicts of Interest
There may be instances where we refer you to third parties for additional services (such as Mortgage Broking or Insurance). Should you choose to do business with the third party this may mean we become eligible for a referral fee. Details of the fee we collect will be made to you at the time of the referral.
From time to time, we may receive certain non-monetary benefits from product providers. This could include gratuities such as a bottle of wine at Christmas time, a free calendar, pen or book, the occasional luncheon, drinks after a briefing session, invitations to sporting events, subsidised professional development, or discounted training courses etc.
We recognise that the above commissions and incentives may create conflicts of interests for the business and associated financial advisers. Our recommendations are made based on client's goals and circumstances to ensure that our financial advisers prioritise client's interests above their own. All our staff and financial advisers undergo training around managing conflicts of interest.
We periodically undertake a review or our business, advice and compliance policies and practices. This is completed by a reputable external compliance consultant.
Complaints Handling and Disputes Resolution
If you are not satisfied with our financial advice service, please tell us as soon as possible.
call: 06 242 2210
write to: PO Box 8423 Havelock North 4157.
When we receive a complaint, we will follow our internal complaints process:
- We will acknowledge your complaint in writing within two working days
- We will consider your complaint and let you know how we intend to resolve it. Your adviser may be in contact with you to gather more information on the situation.
- We aim to come to a resolution within 10 working days of receiving a complaint. If this is not possible, we will contact you within the time to advise of the new time frame.
- Contact will be made via phone or email to let you know whether we can resolve and what we propose as the resolution.
If your adviser cannot resolve the complaint, we have an internal complaints team. You can contact them by post to Milestone Complaints Committee PO Box 21-323 Christchurch 8143. Their process is similar to the above.
If a resolution cannot be reached or you are not satisfied with the way we propose to do so, you can contact our Disputes Resolution Scheme, The Financial Dispute Resolution Scheme (FDRS).
The FDRS provide a free, independent dispute resolution service that may help investigate or resolve your complaint if we haven't been able to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction. You can contact them here Freepost 231075, PO Box 2272, Wellington 6140, phone 0508 337 337, email firstname.lastname@example.org or their website www.fdrs.org.nz